Traditional goju-ryu practice is broken down into several different sections. We’ve assembled YouTube videos and other resources to assist in your home karate training.
- Jumbi undo (warm up exercises and stretching)
- Kihon (basics) – with and without movements across the floor
- Kumite – including drills, combinations, jiyu kumite, One-steps (Yakusoku Kumite)
We have assembled a multitude of resources to help you better understand and perform the techniques and participate in class. Not all are goju based (nor GKK), but they sufficiently represent same for learning and practice by most karateka.
When in doubt, check with your instructor for more information.
- Digital Dojo – Goju-Ryu Ju Training Workspace
- Goju-ryu Kata
- Goju-Ryu Karate Kihon/Basics
- Goju-Ryu Training
- Goju-Ryu Principles and Theory
- Goju-Ryu Karate Terminology
- Goju-Ryu Belt Ranks
- Traditional Goju-Ryu Training and Practice