What’s it cost?
** IT’S FOREVER FREE for those who register during beta testing**
Welcome to Goju at Home. Let us tell you what we do.
Goju at Home is a place to help you stay in shape and advance your training while balancing the go (hard) and the ju (soft) aspects of goju-ryu karate-do.
Our Digital Dojo was created both as an adjunct to our local program for deeper learning, as well as a stand-alone resource for those who self-train from home.
Here we provide training and resources to lay a strong foundation in traditional goju-ryu, supplemented by internal principles and practices to bring out the ju in you.
While most people think of karate only from the dojo perspective, we know many whose lives and lifestyle don’t make getting there easy.
They’re forced to go it alone, catching as catch can to get in the work they need just to stay where they are, much less improve.
But having been there and done that ourselves, we thought there was a better way than stumbling around in the dark.
So we built our Digital Dojo to gather and make readily available the resources we thought valuable for our own self-training, so you can train from home, too.
Think of it like going to the gym without having to get up and go.
We liken these home workout warriors to ronin samurai, like we were for so many years — those who, for whatever reason, find themselves with no dojo (and maybe not even a style) to call their own, or who are just unable to get there. Training alone, on their own, as best they can from home. But train they must, and train they do.
We make it easier for them, and give them tools to do it better.
For them our Digital Dojo has assembled and put into usable form:
- Sensei-selected workout materials from around the web to train along with on things we think important to keeping and building on what you’ve already got:
- Strength and conditioning
- Ju Training
- Access to other learning and training materials
- Freedom to build your own workout
- 24/7 access to train when you want, where you want, on the things you want and need.
- Expanded horizons to dangle the carrot of what is possible
Have better home workouts. Save time looking for new material to help you grow. Focus on your training, not the distractions of web or YouTube surfing that may or may not bring you what you’re looking for.
So what’s included?
- Weekly Ju classes (by prerecorded video) to develop softness, movement and inner power
- Digital Dojo – your online workspace for self-training — with dojo workspaces in Ju, traditional goju-ryu, and energy cultivation practice;
- Video resource library – forums for easy reference with curated videos on basics, kata, kumite, breathing, kicking, combinations, self-defense applications, inner power development, softness, movement, drills, workouts, and more;
- Private Inner Power Podcast by John Dennison on developing softness, energy cultivation, and the use of inner power; and
- Our blog providing regular tips and techniques to incorporate into your own efforts at home, some of which content is .only accessible only by Digital Dojo membership.
- Digital Dojo discount of 25% off other classes, special events and personal training.
Get off the couch and get going today. The life you change will be your own.
What’s Not Included?
Some things are not included, like your GKK membership application ($15/25), promotional testing and rank certificates (optional). Those are extra. So are any seminars, classes or other special events we hold. Registration fees are not included in your membership.
Once you receive a promotion, you may buy your own belt for your new rank, either through our store or another source.
The guy behind it all.
Hi, I’m John Dennison. I’ll be your sensei here at Goju at Home.
If you have any questions or need help, whether now or later, don’t hesitate to contact me.
You are the reason I’m doing this. I want to make sure you get it.
What’s it cost?
$IT’S FREE* for those who register during beta testing.
* Includes Digital Dojo access, video reference library, private inner power podcast, workouts, and more.
- All students are required to join the GKK at the commencement of their membership. Application fee extra.
- Membership in the GKK requires a completed, signed application together with a fee of $15 for kyu ranks, and $25 for dan ranks. Annual dues of the same amount will also be required.